Tuesday, October 6, 2009

CCK09.....Week 2 and 3

It's been an interesting few weeks exploring learning networks and groups, connectives, collectives, and the ensuing discussion on Moodle. I have added a few of the participant blogs that I find most relevant to my interests in the course in Google Reader.














Interesting discussion on mapping social networks in the Moodle forum - I tried out Nexus and mapped out my Facebook contacts.....interesting when I could visualize my own connections and communities, and the relationships between people in my social network. A picture is worth a thousand words.

I have been reading a lot of the discussion from CCK08 and noticed some of the "heated" exchanges between a few of the participants. Are people braver in an on-line forum than they would be in a face-to-face setting? In my opinion, some of the comments were over the line, and unduly harsh and accusatory. I noticed the "person" stopped posting. Was she booted out of the course? I noticed other people were commenting about it and then mentioned an incident (conflict between Stephen and one of the participants) during the week 3 Elluminate session (which I have yet to listen to...waiting for it to be posted) I think these events will be fodder for discussion regarding the changing role of facilitators.

No comments:

Post a Comment